Press play below to listen now!
What is Cypress Street Radio?
- This is 100% local talk and music programs. All music playlists are carefully crafted by our Lafayette based producers.
- Content relevant to our community.
- If you have a concept for a possible radio program, regular or special, please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is Internet radio. This is NOT terrestrial radio and we are not part of the FCC broadcast spectrum.
- You can listen on any device that can connect to the Internet - 3g, wi or Internet wired. Links will be available on the AOC website. iTunes, Winamp and VLC player are some of the free softwares that can be used to listen to these types of radio stations.
Cypress Street Radio can:
- Increase exposure for local noncommercial content
- Increase the diversity of voices contributing to our community dialog
- Promote local arts and culture and give exposure to local creatives
- Encourage public discussion and civic engagement
- Expand opportunities for community members to share knowledge and information
- Provide job skills training opportunities and internships
Want to be a Cypress Street Radio Producer?
Click the button!
Cypress Street Radio
As a service of AOC Community Media, our Internet radio station provides a mechanism for facilitating individuals, groups, and communities to tell their own diverse stories, to share experiences, and to become active creators and contributors of media.
Listen to Cypress Street Radio in your favorite player:
If that doesn't work, right click, copy url or link address, and paste into your preferred player.
Weekdays at 9:00 AM. Replay at 3:00 PM
Monday through Friday at 9:00 AM, volunteers read the newspaper specifically focusing on articles of local interest, the obituaries, special announcements, and other important information.
Daily at 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM
Danielle Marie and Special T bring you good times and good music - with a progressive flair! Every day at 8 am. Replays at 7pm
Saturdays and Sundays at 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM
the 20TH CENTURY POP
internet RADIO SHOW
… recordings from 1900 to the present
the songs that were HITS
… and the ones that should have been
“You never know
what you will hear next”
every Friday @ midnight
@ 12 noon & midnight
every Sunday @ 12 noon
Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 AM and 1:30 PM
A 60 Minute montage of music and audio from the past and present which interconnect, entertain and inform.
Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 am and 1:30 pm
Sundays at 5:00 PM
Where The Alligators Roam is back on the ether, if not the air. The show is now done from the downtown Lafayette studios of AOC Community Media. It streams on Cypress Street Radio on Sunday afternoons at 5 p.m. The podcasts will be available on Mondays.
Thursdays at 4:00 PM
A Podcast by the Radical Reporters.
Thursdays at 10:00 AM
Inspire Acadiana is a podcast meant to explore the inspirational nonprofits, such as after school programs, counseling, and much more, all hosted in Louisiana. The nonprofits listed in each episode depend on donations or fundraisers and require their community's support. Consider donating and supporting the nonprofits that are important to to you. Inspire Acadiana is a partnership of Community Foundation of Acadiana and AOC Community Media.
Sundays at 10:00 AM
Le Cadeau podcast is about the gift of healing with origins in French speaking Catholic Louisiana. Host, Becca Begnaud, talks with guests about integrative medicine. Join us for conversations on energy medicine, western medicine, ancient medicine as they are interwoven with spirituality and creativity.
Wednesdays at 10:00 AM
The podcast about AOC Community Media in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Saturdays at 11:00 AM
Interviews with people doing what they love and whether or not they made money doing it.
Wednesdays at 10:00 PM
Jacob White and Uncle Eddie Talk about the topic that's bothering them today. Part of the AOC Podcast Network.
Mondays at 10pm
YDFC is a show exploring the differences in how people think and the big philosophical questions that impact every human experience.