Flood Debris Pick Up Begins This Week
Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG) has contracted services for flood-related debris pick up for the City of Lafayette and unincorporated areas of the parish affected by the June 6 rain event to begin today, Monday, June 17, 2019. Collection will include furniture and construction materials. Please contact the Environmental Quality division at 337.291.8529 if you have flood debris in need of collection.
To ensure safe and speedy pick up of flood-related debris:
· Debris should be placed as close to the street as safely possible, but should not block the roadway
· All debris should be clear of ditches
· For safety reasons, refrigerator and freezer doors must be secured with duct tape
· Do not place debris next to fire hydrants, water meters or electric pedestals; doing so will inhibit access by LUS should an emergency service issue arise
· Place debris at least three feet from mailboxes and all poles including electrical and telephone poles
· Place debris as least three feet away from trees and avoid low-hanging branches
· Debris cannot be collected from private property; do not place between your house and a sidewalk
· Do not place debris for collection under power lines and telephone lines if possible
Recycling and regular household garbage should be placed in the appropriate carts provided by Republic Services.
Republic Services will work to maintain their garbage, recycling and yard waste collection schedule. If delays should occur, customers are asked to exercise patience and leave their carts at the road until they are serviced.