Cajun Chili Fest this weekend Public is invited to join us this Saturday at Blackham Coliseum!
For just $5, you can savor some of the best chili you'll ever taste, served up by award-winning cooking teams from as far away as Florida, as well as right here in Acadiana. Cajun Chili Fest LA State Cookoff, happening at Lafayette's Blackham Coliseum, March 16, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., is an official Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI) qualifying event.
CASI cooks vie for the chance to compete for the International Chili Championship in Terlingua, Texas, while local cooks put their best recipes to the test for a chance to win cash prizes and bragging rights.
Proceeds benefit the Family Promise of Acadiana mission of helping homeless families become independent.
Here's what's in store:
• $5 admission to enjoy dozens of chili offerings. Kids 12 and under are admitted free.
• Live music from Alligator Blue Band
• Kids Zone (children's activities)
• Raffle prizes - gas grill, electric turkey fryer and 55-qt cooler
• Ticket pull prizes - jewelry, home decor items, kitchenware, gift baskets and more
• Concession sales
Visit CajunChiliFest.com for more details, and come out Saturday for great chili and family fun!
Family Promise of Acadiana provides shelter, meals and comprehensive support to families without homes, helping them achieve and sustain their independence. It is the only area emergency shelter program that accepts entire families, including teen boys and dads as part of a family unit.