Ready.set.make. - Application information
Ready. Set. Make! is a collaboration between Southern Screen and AOC Community Media (AOC), with support from CREATE to initiate a youth oriented educational program that will prepare Narrative Films with a Premiere at Southern Screen Festival. Participants will be instructed through the production sequence to create their own projects per standards set forth by Southern Screen. Facilities, training and oversight will be provided by AOC personnel with assistance from visiting professionals to ensure optimal educational quality and technical knowledge and experience. This application is for young adults ages 15-17. Each application will be reviewed and 12 will be chosen to participate in a summer camp, labs and the chance to premiere your film at Southern Screen Festival in November 2019.
narrative film-making camp : June 17-21
Students will be exposed to the major steps of pre-production, production, post production, team building, project selection, scripting and arranging production schedules. Students will split up in groups to create 2 or more presentation-ready projects to submit to Southern Screen. Production of these projects will be the purpose of the Additional Labs.
+ additional labs (up to 12 sessions) : June 24-September 16
After the camp, AOC staff will conduct status reviews once a week with additional technical instruction. Students will be given additional support in production, as well as review and critique from a Southern Screen representative and/or a local film industry professional.
The finished project will be a short-form, narrative-style production that will have introduced and instructed participants to the necessary steps required to create and present a finished Narrative short film. The completed films will then compete in a selection process overseen by Southern Screen for a chance to premiere at Southern Screen Festival.
All submitted films must follow the standards below:
○ Short film under 20 minutes
○ Strength of narrative
○ Quality cinematography and lighting
○ Quality sound
○ Quality direction and acting
● Southern Screen’s selection committee will pick one film to premiere at Southern Screen Festival November 7-10.
● Submission Deadline – September 20
● Accepted films will premiere at Southern Screen 2019
● Filmmakers with accepted films will receive a ReadySetPresenter Festival Pass for the Festival weekend.
● ReadySetPresenters will participate in a Q&A at their film premiere.
● ReadySetPresenters will have a mentor session with one or more of the Special Guest attending the Festival
● Young makers who are not accepted can still purchase a ReadySetMaker Pass to attend the festival.
● All ReadySetPresenter and ReadySetMaker Pass Holders will also gain access to all age-appropriate programming of Southern Screen.